Safety Tips for Motorcyclists
Riding can be fun and freeing, but it can also be dangerous. Rider’s Claw cares about your safety. While we do provide a SmartPhone motorcycle mount, we urge riders to drive responsibly. Hearing your tunes and having your GPS visible is great, but please don’t play around with your phone while you’re driving. Keep these safety tips in mind next time you’re going for a ride.
- Drivers should be aware and constantly look out for motorcyclists especially at street intersections where a majority of motorcycle collisions occur.
- Drivers should consciously look out for motorcyclists when they make lane changes or when they exit or enter a parking lot or alley.
- Motorcyclists should never ride without a DOT-compliant helmet, even when state law does not require it.
- Motorcyclists and motorists should not operate under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- All motorists and motorcyclists should obey posted speed limits and not drive at speeds that are unsafe given roadway or weather conditions.
- Motorcyclists would be well advised to wear bright-colored clothing so they can be better seen by other drivers.
- When buying a new motorcycle, opt for a model with antilock brakes, which have been shown to decrease fatal crashes by preventing the wheels from locking during braking and helping with maintaining the vehicle’s stability.
Best wishes from your smartphone motorcycle mount resource, Rider’s Claw.
We hope this article has been informative. Feel free to click the link at the top for the full article. Further, if we can help you with your smartphone motorcycle mount needs, please contact us.